HOW TO FIX MY IPHONE 7 UNRESPONSIVE TOUCH SCREEN
Just recently many iPhone owners reported that the touch screen of their device suddenly becomes unresponsive without any rhyme or reason. No matter how many times they try to tap the touch screen, it doesn’t seem to respond at all. In other words, their iPhone appears to have been freeze! Are you also the one who often encounters this issue? Here is how you can put an end to this puzzling bug.
Clean Your iPhone Screen
One the primary reason for unresponsive touch screen can be oily stains. Oily or liquid splits on screen can also make your screen unresponsive. Have a close look at the screen under sunlight. Clean your screen thoroughly with a soft cotton cloth. Double check again, if your screen is complete clean. This might solve your unresponsive touch screen issue; but if it does not, keep reading below for other possible solutions.
Restart your iPhone
On a number of occasions, small bugs can easily be fixed just by powering down your iPhone and restarting it after a while. Over the time some technical glitches tend to crop up after constant use, resulting in some unusual behavior such as, sudden crashing of an app or touch screen being unresponsive. Of course, there could be other valid reasons as well but you can’t rule out the bugs that might arise out of non-stop use of your iPhone. After all, it’s just a man made device.
Hold down the sleep/wake button and Home button at once to restart/reboot your iPhone. Wait for a while and then start it again. Hopefully, the touch screen will start functioning as usual.
Restore Your iPhone As New
If you still haven’t found success, then restoring your iPhone as new might just help. It may sound to be a bit radical but has the potential to solve the problem. Before moving ahead with this process, make sure you have fully backed up your device as it will remove all the media and data and install the newest version of iPhone software.
How to restore using iTunes
- Open iCloud from your Mac.
- Login with your Apple ID and password.
- Once you are logged in, click on “Find My iPhone”.
- Now click on “All Devices”.
- Select the iPhone you wish to erase from the list. (In case you have multiple Apple devices setup under same Apple ID.)
- Once you click, you will see the exact location of your iPhone. Alongside, there will be a small pop-up with different options; one of them is “Erase iPhone”, click on that.
- You will be prompted if you want to confirm the operation. Simply click on “Erase”.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac or PC.
- Launch iTunes.
- Select your device from the top left menu.
- Click on Restore iPhone.
- Click on Restore and Update.